Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Post of twos!




Not long now till one of my most anticipated games of 2009 appears on my door step!

AC1 was a weird one for me, out of ten id give it a three, due to how boring the game got within about 2 hours yet for me, id always seen something special in it, like a gem in the rough. The climbing for example is spectacular, and jumping on peoples faces never got old. One thing that particularly pissed me off no end about AC one was the ending, id drudged through hours of listening to people, stabbing, listening etc, for quite frankly the worst ending of all time, I hope AC2 justifies the ending of the first. All the trailers have looked incredible and it really looks like Ubisoft seem to have listened to the criticisms and reviews have so far been extremely good, looks like this will be the game to pry me away from...



Of course it is. The game that you cant avoid. I was never a big fan of the first, I thought it was a vastly over rated decent FPS, so I was pretty adamant about MW2 until about the 8th of November when I caved in and put some monies to the side for it.

Well, its allot better than the first packing far more punch into a shorter, much more disjointed campaign. Each mission feels like its own cornered off action movie and the cut scenes inbetween does so little to help its a wonder they just didn't have a picture of a sandwich appear. The one thing MW1 has over 2 is the fact that it actually manages to get you to care for the character whereas in 2, it seems far more detached and therefore means its harder to actually care for the people you play as. As for "that" level, for me, its nothing deserving of the controversy it stirred up but thats down to your own opinion.

The real meat of the game lies in its vastly improved multi-player. Despite being a decent distraction for all of 5 minutes, MW1's multi player never grabbed me like it seemed to grab so many people maybe it was because it felt much more of a spray fest than Halo 3, which I much preferred at the time, this time though thats all changed. The MP has been improved dramatically becoming a much faster and much more brutal game. The first few matches I played were horrific after about 5 games i had a kill to death ratio of around 0.1, but once you get into the rhythm of it, something I imagine MW1 veterans will find allot easier than new players, and get a feel for a certain gun it becomes a very fun and more importantly very addictive multi player experience.

The graphics appeared to have stayed static from MW1 to MW2 with little improvement over the 2 year old game something which is slightly disappointing given the amount of time and the amount of money they had to spend on the game.

A much improved experience and one that deserves to be played be everyone, except maybe PC gamers.

8 out of 10.

P.S too tired to be uber critical but damn it its a pretty good game aswell! 





1 comment:

  1. Lilah reports:
    -Assassins Creed 2
    This game can be quite easily described by two words "Almost wow"

    Having just started the main game, I find the controls beeing as mentally challenging as in Ac1, at least while I am still trying to master them. The storyline kicks of where the previous one ended, giving the game a real poof in the right direction.

    At least that is what I thought until I hit Italy, 14-something00-, Florence.
    Stepping into the boots of an immature retard who part-takes in streetfights and womanizing, I feel this part easily could have been skipped, in favour of a more "Ac1" approach.
    Less feelings. Less story. More attacks.

    What I think improved: The game itself. Bigger, better, more beautiful. Economical system is regarded a biiig +.

    What I think has detoriated: The health system. Purchasing health? I much favour rechargable which makes skirmishing more fun.
    And I miss AltaĆ­r.

    I would give the game a sturdy solid 7,5. At least for now. Once the game really kicks in, we'll have to see how it ends up. But if it weren't for the general "bigger and better"-factor, I'd much prefer Ac1.

    ReplyDelete